20 No Spend Weekend Activities We Love
Posted on September 16, 2022 at 9:20 AM by Noa Finken
With the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life, it can be easy to get carried away with your spending, and the convenience of fast food and online shopping certainly doesn’t help. Because of this, many people are opting to do no spend weekends.
If you’re looking for a creative way to save some cash and be more mindful of your money, you may want to give it a try.
What Is a No Spend Weekend?
It’s exactly what you think it is— a savings challenge in which you aren’t allowed to spend money for an entire weekend. You can do this individually or as a family.
The key to successfully completing this challenge is planning. Put your list of ideas and necessary supplies together and create a plan ahead of time. You’ll also want to be sure to buy groceries (only essentials) and pay upcoming bills before the weekend.
Although a no spend weekend may seem daunting, it’s a great budgeting tactic, and with our list of frugal yet fun activities, you may even end up enjoying it.
20 Things to Do During a No Spend Weekend
- Learn a new skill— YouTube tutorials can be very helpful
- Watch a movie or show
- Look through old photos
- Catch up with a friend or relative you haven’t talked to in awhile
- Read a book or magazine
- Go through your closet— donate or sell clothes you haven’t worn in awhile
- Watch the sunset
- Clean your car
- Attend a free community event— check out Discover Ames if you’re in the area
- Go on a hike or walk
- Organize your junk drawer
- FaceTime or Skype someone
- Finish a page in a coloring book
- Visit a park
- Listen to a podcast or music playlist
- Play a card or board game
- Exercise at home
- Have a picnic
- Do a DIY photoshoot
Can you think of any other activities? Leave a comment below!
5 Practical Steps to Grow Your Savings
Your Complete Guide to Sinking Funds
Be Prepared With an Emergency Fund
Categories: Saving and Budgeting